Thursday, October 28, 2010

CARRIE UNDERWOOD IS AMAZING!!!!!!

Hello loves! So, like I said in my last blog, I had two test yesterday and then I went to the Carrie Underwood concert. Well, although I was soooo super stressed studying for my exams, I am pretty sure I got two A's on my test yesterday! YAY! Go me! It is sooooo nice getting good grades! Then, I attended the Carrie Underwood concert that Billy Curington opened. Billy is pretty sexy!!! He is an awesome singer, and his songs are really fun :)

But the main event was all about 
CARRIE UNDERWOOD
I am amazed at how spectacular she is.
She is my idol and inspiration.

Besides the lights and the cool set, Carrie did things that truly surprised me. Carrie Underwood got her fame from American Idol. She is from an extremely small town and is a devoted Christian. While she was singing Jesus Take The Wheel, She broke into a gospel for about 2 minutes. It was awesome. How many singers today show their faith to everyone? NOT MANY!!!!! Many of her songs either mention her faith or God, and that is truly inspiring. I like being a hard core fan of a singer with wonderful and true values that I have also.

Since this class is about gender studies, I also wanted to talk about how Carrie was represented. Carrie probably had about 6 outfits last night. EVERY ONE of the outfits were classy. She wore two short dresses, but they were never short enough that someone could see something they werent supposed to. She also wore two big dresses, and then had a few cute outfits with leggings and jeans.

So, let me get this straight....she is classy and a Christian...Carrie Underwood is an inspiration and she represents herself so well. She is someone who has never lost sight of what is important in her life. I was in awe last night watching her. She has it all. I think it is rare today to find famous people that are actually good people. Carrie is such an amazing role model, and I am glad I FINALLY got to see her in real life. She is my faveeee! But...I think many singers, actors, etc. lose themselves once they become famous, but Carrie hasn't (and I hope she never does!) and that is awesome.

Some examples of people that have lost themselves are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. These two girls had three phases in their careers....sweet and innocent, crazy and rebellious, and then to sophisticated and restructured. Although these girls have gotten their lives straightened out, they still lost themselves for a period of time and that was not how they wanted to represent themselves! It is sooo easy to misrepresent yourself in today's culture.

Well, I am at work, so when I get home I will talk more about representation according to my textbook. Representation has been one of my favorite topics in the book and I think it really important in today's society. See you later guys!!!! :)

(Ill also post a pic or two of the concert last night because it was SOOOOOOO super duper awesome!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am a huge Carrie Underwood fan myself and agree with you 100%. Carrie is such an amazing role model and the world needs more of those!!!

    ReplyDelete