Monday, October 25, 2010

Reality TV? NOT reality TV!

hello hello hello! 

I have been sooooooo super busy the past few days. I hate it when everything happends at the same time. Like for this week, I have two test, and the Carrie Underwood concert and HALLOWEEN!!!! yay! I havent dressed up for Halloween in years, but this year I am. I am going to be Sammy from the Jersey Shore. It is going to be sooo funny! Talk about body image.....the girls on Jersey Shore have all the self confidence in the world to be wearing what they are wearing. But anyways....it should be really fun :) I just have to make sure I have my fist pump down. (Not really!)

So since the last time I wrote, I have been thinking a lot about this project....what I am going to write about each time and what not. I really wanted to do well on this assignment, so it took me two months to even figure out what I wanted to do. So, I apologize to my teacher for starting this blog so late. However, I wanted to make sure I got something out of this assignment, so I am glad that I actually took my time to figure out what I would get the most out of. 

Now to todays topic. This is going to be a fun one!!! Well...it will probably only be fun for the people that actually watch reality TV. Otherwise, you may not get what I am saying.

TV has had an amazing history and an outrageous effect on culture! I remember growing up and not having anyyyyy reality television shows. Now turn on your TV and tell me how many reality shows are on. It is crazy how many reality tv shows come one in this day and age. I have to admit too, that I am a reality tv show junky. I love it! I cant get enough of it!!!! Now, I know that most of it isnt really reality, but hey! it is entertaining!!!

So instead of just talking all about reality tv, I want to just focus on a few areas of this very wide network. The first thing I want to talk about is The Hills, which used to be on MTV. (I was so incredibly sad when they stopped running it!) The second reality tv show I want to talk about is Jersey Shore. (That show is so addicting!) And lastly, I want to talk about Keeping Up with the Kardashians. (I love these girls!)


(http://www.mtv.com/photos/the-hills-season-5-cast/1608233/3806011/photo.jhtml)

First comes first! The Hills!!!! I miss this show sooooo much! I like this picture above because it really shows you all the characters in the show. 

So? Is The Hills real or fake? It is both from what I here. What do yall think? I think a lot of the story lines are real, but there is no way that a lot of the conversations seen on the show were not egged on! NO WAY! If reality tv is like this though, you know, real and fake, then why do people watch reality tv?

Like I said above, IT IS ENTERTAINING!!!!! 

The Hills started with Lauren and Heidi moving to Los Angeles. They were best friends and trying to become known in the fashion world. However, their friendship was split up when Heidi chose her very nasty and rude and horrible boyfriend Spencer over Lauren. From here, the story line was based around Spencer and Heidi versus Lauren. To this day, Im pretty sure that Lauren will not ever be best friends with Heidi again because of Spencer. Also, rumor has it that Spencer and Heidi are NOT getting a divorce. Boo! I was hoping they would.

(http://justjared.buzznet.com/photo-gallery/1825721/the-hills-season-5-promos-01/)

Anyways, reality tv really sucks you in. I mean, you can see from what I just wrote, that I am just about obsessed with the Hills. And why? Because they are gorgeous people living a fabulous life and they have drama just like everyone else in the world. (I must say my drama has never equaled to the drama in this show though. Thank goodness!)


This brings me to my next reality tv show that of course is on MTV also, is Jersey Shore! This show is a reality TV show phenomenon. The cast to this show is EVERYWHERE!!!! I mean, come on, I am being Sammy for Halloween!  

(http://thenextreporter.com/jg/jersey-shore-season-2-episode-4-breaking-up/089063/)

There they are! The very unique cast of the Jersey Shore! Man o' man...I do not even know where to start with this show. This show is so ridiculous. But I do love it. This show is about 8 people that are from New Jersey that were picked to live in a house together for I think about three months. These 8 people brought a whole new outlook to what Jersey is like. These 8 people are fist pumping wild animals! They not only introduced the fist pump, but a whole new language! For example, smooshing and grenades. If you have never seen the show, then you have no idea what these two words mean, but if you do watch the show, then you are probably just laughing.

This show is extremely, extremely popular. And just like The Hills, it is popular because it is entertaining. Although, I think this show is just so stupid, you have to watch. :)


(http://www.episodeshowcase.com/keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-s5-e3-the-missing-ring)

Last but not least, is Keeping Up with the Kardashians! This reality TV show is about three sisters and there very busy and fabulous lives. I had never heard of any of these girls until this show came one. I was like "who are these girls?" Little did I know that really they are just three lucky girls that happen to have a step-father who was an Olympian gold metalist and a real father who was in the music business I think. 

Kourtney, Khloe, and Kim all have extraordinary lives. They own nice things, and basically get whatever they want, and when they want it! The characters on this show are really down to earth and they are just too much fun to watch! This show is hilarious, and is truly entertaining!


So, overall, reality TV shows are one of a kind. Some are realer and some are faker than others. I do not think we will ever really know what is real and what is fake, but I think if we knew the whole truth, then we wouldnt watch these shows. Our culture loves these shows, and I do not think they are going anywhere any time soon. Also, why do we watch these so called reality shows? We watch them because they are entertaining and fun. Something interesting always happens in thee shows, and I think it is 30 minutes to an hour that we do not have to worry about what is happening in our lives! Maybe an escape route from our own lives?

Well, I guess this wraps up my second blog. Im really enjoying this blogging thing! It is fun and it is nice to put my words on paper and not worry about grammar and all that fun stuff. 

So, make sure you watch some reality tv for me this week. I will be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment